kommander issues

Steve Evans stevee at gorbag.com
Wed Aug 17 08:56:10 BST 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 23:31, John R. Sowden wrote:
> On Tue August 16 2005 23:17, Christian Mueller wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 18. August 2005 20:57 schrieb John R. Sowden:
> > > I am starting to play with kommander, a kde gui front end to, it seems
> > > anything.  I was referred to it by the fellows at the linuxworld/san
> > > francisco kde booth.
> > >
> > > 1) The doc files are in /opt/kde3/share/doc/end/html, if I got that
> > > right.  In that directory are .png files (graphics) and .docbook files,
> > > which appear to be xml text files.  when using firefox to look at them,
> > > I get the following error:
> > > XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
> > > Location: file:///opt/kde3/share/doc/HTML/en/kommander/credits.docbook
> > > Line Number 23, Column 12:<title>The &kommander; Development
> > > Team</title> -----------^
> >
> > If I understand correctly there should be a HTML file along with the
> > docbook file (the latter one is not meant to be viewed with a browser).
> >
> > On my system there's
> > /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kommander/credits.docbook
> > but also
> > /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kommander/credits.html
> >
> > The credits.html file displays fine here.
> >

> > No idea about your other question, I haven't used Kommander yet.
> >

> > Christian.
>
> It seems that the documentation is in the .docbook files.  How are they to
> be displayed?

They should be readable with the KDE Help Centre, which can be found in the
KDE menu. I don't have kommander installed, so I can't check it directly, but
other .docbook files are displayed by it. For
example /usr/kde/3.4/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/background/index.docbook
contains the help for the Control Centre's background module, and this
displys perfectly in the Help Centre.

Steve
Steve Evans            E-mail: mailto:stevee at gorbag.com
                       WEB:    http://www.gorbag.com
Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
Public Encryption Key:         http://www.gorbag.com/public-key.html

Now playing: Dodgy - In A Room

2.6.12-gentoo-r9 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GNU/Linux

 08:48:49 up 35 min,  5 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.31, 0.36