how to use the media:/ in kde

Bogus Zaba bogzab at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 19:27:38 BST 2005

LeVA wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I've configured and compiled kdebase with --with-hal, and I have installed
>libhal 0.4.8, and dbus 0.23.4. Despite all of the above, when I type
>`media:/' in the konqeuror's location bar, I get a blank page.
>What I'm trying to achieve is when I attach my pendrive to an usb port, I
>would like to get an icon in that `media:/' page for my pendrive.
>Anyone could help me configuring this with kde-3.4.2?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Daniel

I don't have the answer to your question but I can confirm that I see
the same behaviour. If in Konqueror, I look at the listing
for /media, I see an entry for my USB flash drive. But if I enter
media:/ in the location bar I see entires for the floppy,
the dvd drive, the disk drives etc, but no USB drive.

Bogus