Howto question:Using kate as the composer in kmail.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Aug 9 15:36:21 BST 2005

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 04:41, Andrew Kar wrote:
>On Monday 08 August 2005 14:36, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> How can I use kate as the composer in kmail?
>>
>> I just tried to use the preset in kmail's composer config, and
>> while it opened kate ok, kate opened after the regular composer
>> screen was drawn, and it did not 'save' to the regular composer
>> screen, or otherwise return the message to mail for sending.
>>
>> Is this a bug, or did I fubar something?
>
>The kmail window opening is OK, it is using it as the previewer and
> so that after you have composed your email in something else you
> can set the ID, transport, To and CC as well as send it. But it
> doesnt seem to work with Kate. It works fine with Kwrite which is
> strange since IIRC both use the same embedded text engine but I had
> to have the autosave in kmail turned off (same tab as where you set
> the composer.)
>
>andrew

Odd, when I do that, I have to hit a key, as in change something
 in the composer window before the kwrite window opens.  At that
point it opens quite rapidly, half a second or so and I am now typing
into kwrite.  But I do need to set a larger default font, its quite
small as it appears on this 1600x1200 screen.   Yes, 14 point arial
is much better.

Now lets see if it copies back to composer & sends ok.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)