automounting with HAL and DBUS in KDE-3.4.x

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Wed Aug 3 18:12:22 BST 2005

> Doesn't kvm work with 3.4?

Works fine when disabling media-module of kded and enabling kvm-module in
kded. But the README of kvm tells something like "deprecated and unsupported
- use kio-media".
On my Notebook I use pre3.5-SVN, there is kio-media better (KControl module)
but still behind kvm. The main difference is that kvm mounts on hotplug and
kio-media mounts on demand. But programs like digiKams USB massstorage device
downloader need a mounted partition to present the pictutes on the cam.

Bye

  Thorsten