KDE 3.4 Konstruct chokes on cyrus-sasl

Mark Douglas Nagy mnagyspam at hotpop.com
Sat Apr 30 05:19:53 BST 2005

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
 > You have an odd problem.  If you look, you will see that the two strings
 > are NOT the same.  One has an extra space before: "-O2".  Unfortunately,
 > I have no idea what is causing the problem.
 >
 > Can you cd to the source tree for: "cyrus-sasl-2.1.20" and remove:
 > "config.cache".  Open the file: "config.log" to see the configure
 > command and execute it:
 >
 >     ./configure <what ever parameters Konstruct used>
 >
 > and see what happens.  If it fails when you run 'configure' by hand,
 > then it probably isn't a Konstruct issue.
 >
 > Other question: Did it install: "OpenSSL-0.9.7e" OK?
 >
 > You don't have to have Konstruct install the dependencies from source,
 > you could install them from binary packages.

./configure ran when I used no parameters, but not when I used the ones copied
from config.log.  Then I edited ./configure and commented out the line
"cache_file=/dev/null", and it ran after that (I don't know why).  The only
trouble is, now kdesdk is crashing on a syntax error.  I would guess that was
probably unrelated - gcc compatibility issue maybe?  Starts with

   svn.cpp:109: error: syntax error before `*' token
   svn.cpp: In function `int compare_items_as_paths(...)':

and then rambles on with 79 lines of who-knows-what, maybe cascading parse
errors I guess.  Obviously I have a lot to learn about this stuff.

But anyway, thanks; that led me to what seems to be a solution to the immediate
problem; now I just have to find out how to get the rest of it working.

I didn't see any attempt to install OpenSSL-0.9.7e - maybe because Fedora Core 1
already includes OpenSSL >= 0.9.6?