How to force Konsole not to ignore Meta key?

Milan Zamazal pdm at zamazal.org
Tue Apr 26 14:56:53 BST 2005

When I press Meta-SOMETHING in Konsole, it behaves like only SOMETHING
was pressed, the Meta key is ignored.  I have to press Alt-SOMETHING to
generate the Meta-SOMETHING key event.  In other terminals, like xterm
or gnome-terminal, Meta key behaves normally.

I have Meta and Alt keys interchanged on my keyboard, but I don't
experience any problems with applications other than Konsole.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?  How could I convince
Konsole to process the Meta key normally, instead of mapping it to Alt?

Thanks for any advice.

Milan Zamazal

--
When you're in a fight with an idiot, it's difficult for other people to tell
which one the idiot is.                       -- Bruce Perens in debian-devel