KDE DeskTop Gone Missing

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at CATO.GD-AIS.COM
Tue Apr 26 14:43:27 BST 2005

I just upgraded to SuSE 9.2 to SuSE 9.3.  Initially, I had a KDE DesTop.
I was having problems with the Xorg(?) nVidia driver.  It had probed my
ViewSonic VP201m and discovered the info screen that, for some strange
reason, states that the monitor is 1024x768.

While attempting to correct this problem, I used the Ctrl+Alt+F1 to exit
from the KDE DeskTop.  This changed the KDE logout panel to remove the
shutdown and reboot options.  It also change the SuSE login screen to a
grey panel.

This morning I downloaded the nVidia driver from nVidia.  Ny display is
now 1600x1200.  Unfortunately, I can no longer log into a KDE DeskTop.

Anyone know how to restore the KDE DeskTop?

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard
VERSION:			3.0