Konsole & xterm

Andy Teijelo PĂ©rez espino at infomed.sld.cu
Sat Apr 23 04:06:33 BST 2005

Have you ever had a process that produces A LOT of output, and Ctrl-C has
taken quite a few attempts before interrupting it?
I would like you guys to try:
cat /dev/urandom
in your Konsole. It takes regular pauses, as if cat was waiting for Konsole to
finish printing the output. And also, I have to keep Ctrl-C pressed down for
a while before cat receives the signal and interrupts.
Now I'd like you to try the same with xterm. It's extremely faster in both
senses.
Do you have any idea about why is there such a big difference?
Or --I should have asked first--, do you experience the same?
I love Konsole but I'd like to see it improve in this matters.

Thanks,
Andy.