Cdrom locked

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 20 01:39:03 BST 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:17 pm, McKnight, Mark (MMcknight) wrote:
> When I mount a cd/dvd it gets locked and can't be ejected until I kill
> the kio_audiocd process that starts the same time it's mounted. I work
> around it by creating some scripts for mount/umount and eject but would
> prefer to fix the problem properly.

Well thats not starting by itself so I imagine that you have some sort of
autorun / autostart app running that causes it to start when an audio CD is
inserted. Fedora has such an autostart that should start the CD player if an
audio cd is inserted else a Konq file window but it doesn't work. Suse has a
plugger that works extremely well and will start KSCD, Konq, K3B or Kaffeine
depending on what is inserted.
If it is not one of these type apps then it is probably that you have "Folder
Icon Reflects Content " & retrieval of meta data on the audiocd protocol in
controlcentre under File-Manager / Previews and MetaData.. Actually this is
the most likely cause so look here first.

--
regards,
andrew