konqueror and size of the previewed image

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 20 01:26:19 BST 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:41 pm, qrto at poczta.onet.pl wrote:
> Ok, there's this thing, i've bunch of "big" pictures,1600x1200 for example.
> Is there a way to convince konqueror, to resize them to, say, 1024x768,
> when previewing them ?

You will have to be clearer about what you want. When Konq previews images it
only shows a small thumbnail so I dont think you mean previews per se. If you
mean previewing in an embedded image viewer then it will depend on which
embeddable image viewer you are using.
Previewing in;
1) The default embedded image viewer will show the image full size but with
scrollbars.
2) The kview embedded viewer shows the image full size but you have a zoom box
on the toolbar with + and - buttons each size.

3) In the Gwenview embeddable component will fit the image to the size of
konqs viewing area but with an Autozoom button on the toolbar. Turning the
autozoom off will show the image fullsize with scroll bars.

Other image viewers may have embeddable components that act differently but
changing from 1600 to 1200 by default is a bit silly as the images would
still be to big in most cases. Wouldn't the autosize/autozoom of the gwenview
component be more sensible?

--
regards,
andrew