settings:/ problem in Konqueror

Nicolas Ouellette nicolas.ouellette at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 19 12:41:07 BST 2005

Hi. After a recent upgrade to KDE 3.4, I started using  the "settings:/" links
in Konqueror. Everything worked fine until today. When I click on an icon to
run a kcm module (doesn't matter which one), a window opens to ask me where I
want to save a file named after the module I want to run. When I click on
this newly saved file, it runs the module... I must understand that saving
this file creates a symlink pointing towards the kcm command?

What could be the problem? Wrong mimetype association? A problem in the
settings:/ directory structure?

Note that this is only happening in the settings:/ URL. All the other links in
system:/ are working just fine.

I would like to know how to set things back to normal, if it is possible, and
I also want to know where are located the system:/ and settings:/ directories
so I could better understand how they work.

Thanx,
--
Nicolas Ouellette
Étudiant au M.A., philosophie