The Need for Speed!

Bogus Zaba bogzab at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 20:01:55 BST 2005

Philip Rodrigues wrote:

>Hi Andrew,
>A nice write up of an interesting feature. I think it should have a wider
>audience. If you're interested, we could look into different places it
>could be put online (maybe just the KDE wiki). I seem to remember that you
>had a nice write up of fish:/ a little while ago too.
>
>Anyway, if you're interested, get back to me off-list, and we can discuss
>how to proceed (which might just be "write to kde-promo", but we'll
>see :-).
>
>Regards,
>Phil

I would certainly appreciate a full article on this theme. If I
understand correctly there are ways here of making KDE - Linux
installations go much faster. I have major frustrations with my two
Linux boxes - very similar hardware specs but different Linux histories.
The one with a recent Suse 9.2 installation on clean reformatted disks
is horribly slow at launching apps - so much so that my family tend to
boot it up in Windows98. The other one, which has had various Suse/KDE
versions upgraded over the last few years runs launches apps much faster.

Bogus Zaba