Konsole: turn off TAB shortcut/autocompletion

bogdan romocea br44114 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 20:30:06 BST 2005

Dear KDE users,

I have a bunch of shell scripts saved in text files, which I want to
copy and paste in Konsole (instead of running the scripts directly from
files). Many scripts are indented with double TABs. These double TABs
cause the pasted scripts to fail at the point where the first TAB-TAB
occurs.

It appears some kind of autocomplete "feature" is activated. For
example, if I press TAB twice after I open Konsole I get:
Display all 2866 possibilities? (y or n)

How do I get rid of this bug? I didn't find anything useful in Settings
- Configure Konsole. (Eliminating the double TABs from my scripts is
not an option.)

Thank you,
b.