KDE scrollbars react to the wrong mouse buttons

Erik sigra at home.se
Wed Apr 13 14:31:49 BST 2005

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> Erik wrote:
>
>> KDE scrollbars (for example a web page) reacts to buttons 4 and 5, which
>> is wrong. It should react to buttons 9 and 10, because that is what I
>> have under Section "InputDevice" in xorg.conf:
>> Option "ZAxisMapping" "9 10"
>>
>> Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?
>

> You need to set this up correctly in X.

Done (as in
http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=46)

> IIRC, you should still use "4 5" and then use xmodmap to change it.

I  tried to do
xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 8 9 10 4 5"
but xev still shows the original button numbers (for example 9 and 10
for the wheel). This it is not changed and KDE still does not get it.

> Be sure that you have:
>
>     Option        "Buttons" "10"

Have it.

> and, I do NOT know if X will handle that many buttons.

It does. xev shows that X can handle all buttons. But KDE does not
handle it right.