Recovering kmail's data

none none czw_2449 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 11:35:50 BST 2005

We are not members of the list --not enough space--
Please respond directly to our email address from which this mail originated [thanks]

We appear to have some HDD issues that are preventing us from mounting our FreeBSD /usr.

We are desparately trying to recover all of our KDE configurations as well as our kmail data housed in the respective user's home directories within the above mentioned /usr (partition).

Providing the folders aren't corrupt, exactly which folders do we *move* or *copy* to retain and possibly restore the KDE data to another working kde installation?

Our thought is to:
reinstall the OS and KDE --on another hdd -or- machine
copy all KDE configuration and Kmail data over to the new installation.

There's no doubt KDE and Kmail may have been updated/graded a bit in the past 6-months --since our HDD started giving problems.  With that being said, would there be any issues with moving the older KDE and Kmail data to a newer (updated) installation of KDE and company?

This data we are trying to recover and retain is high priority and sensitive.  We need some sound advice to be able to access and continue to use the data.

Thanks for reading.