KDE scrollbars react to the wrong mouse buttons

Erik sigra at home.se
Wed Apr 13 05:45:17 BST 2005

Jes Hall wrote:

>On Wednesday 13 April 2005 07:27, Erik wrote:
>

>>KDE scrollbars (for example a web page) reacts to buttons 4 and 5, which
>>is wrong. It should react to buttons 9 and 10, because that is what I
>>have under Section "InputDevice" in xorg.conf:
>>Option "ZAxisMapping" "9 10"
>>
>>Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?
>>

>Do you have a patched X driver for your mouse? As far as I was aware, without
>patching X you couldn't have more than 7 buttons working.

I have the Gentoo with xorg-x11-6.8.2-r1. And all buttons work in X. I
have tested it with xev, which recognized all different buttons with
numbers from 1 to 10. The configuration I am trying now is from
http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=46
(the section about 10 button mouse (e.g. MX 510/700)). So I think that
there is no problem with X. It is just that KDE does not respect the
settings.