Im Newbie

s s greatredshark at yahoo.ca
Sun Apr 10 16:07:56 BST 2005

--- Jakub Nytko <bonzai10 at o2.pl> wrote:
> Hi. I'm new in KDE and i would like to know how to
> make new icon or
> window schemes.

Window decorations are done procedurally, so you have
to program them. but IceWM decos can be done just with
bitmaps.
Icons are also just images.
so... to make new icons you need to make new images.
Programs for that can be GIMP, Sodipodi, Inkscape, or
anything else you'd rather use.

> Also i'd like to find out how to update KDE from 3.2
> to 3.4 becouse im
> confused when i enter webpage and there are
> "hundrets" packadges to
> download.

It really depends on your distribution. Some have
ready-made upgrade packages, some don't.