Changing SU konsole to export $DISPLAY

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 8 23:37:15 BST 2005

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 10:18 am, Christian Mueller wrote:
> It works here without any further configuration,  I can launch
> GUI apps from the konsole I started with kdesu and their windows
> pop up without errors.  The DISPLAY variable is set correctly,
> and there are no permission problems.

Yes and it works here in Fedora 3 bit I note that on Suse it doesn't by
default.  All X apps fail because they are refused authentication to the X
server so you should follow Kevins advice. If that command doesn't  work it
may need to be xhost +localhost:USER.  Otherwise there may be something to
overide this in Yast but buggered if I'm going through the zillion options to
find it. It may be an env var setting in the sysconfig section.  Or do a
search of your Suse user Documentation and man pages (not the kde stuff as
this is not a kde issue) ; Suse is one of the few distros that has a full and
working searchable help so take advantage of it.

--
regards,
andrew