Changing SU konsole to export $DISPLAY

Rikard Johnels rikjoh at norweb.se
Fri Apr 8 07:40:13 BST 2005

On Friday 08 April 2005 05.15, Manojav Sridhar wrote:
> my fedora 3, kde 3.4 install has menu item which executes "kdesu
> konsole". no problems running xapps in to my normal Xserver.
>
> manoj
>
> Rikard Johnels wrote:
> >Hello all!
> >
> >I am fiddling around trying to set my freshly installed 3.4 up.
> >And i finnaly gotten down to trying to fix a thing i disliked in the
> > pervious releases.
> >The Superuser mode konsole doesnt allow X apps to run without first
> > exporting the $DISPLAY manually.
> >Is there a way to automate that?
> >The command for the menu item is "konsole --type su".
> >If i run YAST2 for instance, i get the text version in that konsole, not
> > the GUI as i want.
> >
> >How can i change that?

kdesu gets me a root konsole allright.. But how do i change the schema inside
that one?
I tried "kdesu 'konsole --schema BlackOnLightYellow.schema' " but it didn't
use the schema as directed,  'konsole --schema BlackOnLightYellow.schema' "
does.

--

         /Rikard

" Sharing knowledge is the most fundamental act of friendship.
Because it is a way you can give something without loosing something."
		-R. Stallman

Rikard Johnels          email   : rikjoh at norweb.se
                        Web     : http://www.rikjoh.com/users/rikjoh
                        Mob     : +46 735 05 51 01