Upgrade to kde3.4

Manojav Sridhar manojav at manojav.com
Thu Apr 7 14:53:14 BST 2005

under /etc/inittab

# Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
#   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#   1 - Single user mode
#   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have
networking)
#   3 - Full multiuser mode
#   4 - unused
#   5 - X11
#   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#
id:5:initdefault:
   ^

does that change to 3? kde should have nothing to do with it.  or maybe
there is problem with your kdm config /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc file which
keeps throwing in out into text mode?

also updates should be done when not in graphical mode otherwise you
have to restart kde, not necessarily reboot, Alt+Ctrl+Backspace usually
restarts the Xserver so that should do the trick. i would recommend
shutting down Xserver and then upgrading and then restarting Xserver

manoj