Just need Information about dcop

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 6 02:09:19 BST 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:21 pm, Nowakowski Paweł wrote:
> Is there a place where I could read something about dcop???
> I have scoured google but there's really nothing.

Clearly you are blind Nowakowski so I hope you have kde 3.4 and can ask a
friend to turn on the inbuilt text-to- speech for you so that you can hear
the rest of this reply. He will have to go to Settings/Toolbar in Konqueror
to add the speech icon. In case your ability to comprehend is also lacking I
would point out that the url of most links is to developer.kde.org and I
would be willing to put money on the fact that there is an extremely high
order of probability that you could find more info at that address;

Something needs to be said about this sort of lazy dishonest post.
I, also "scoured" google by typing "dcop" into the search bar and here are the
first few of 208,000 (not all related) hits with the first ten starting

DCOP: Desktop COmmunications Protocol
... The motivation behind building a protocol like DCOP is simple. For the
past year, DCOP is a simple IPC/RPC mechanism built to operate over
sockets. ...
developer.kde.org/documentation/library/kdeqt/dcop.html - 26k - 3 Apr 2005 -

KDE Architecture - DCOP
... DCOP is a simple IPC/RPC mechanism built to operate over sockets. ... DCOP
is built on top of the Inter Client Exchange (ICE) protocol, ...
developer.kde.org/documentation/ library/kdeqt/kde3arch/dcop.html -
[ More results from developer.kde.org ]

What is DCOP?
... From technical point of view DCOP is a interprocess communication ...
 From user's point of view DCOP is very powerfull yet extremely easy way
of ...
www.volny.cz/bwian/dcop.html - 10k -  Cached - Similar pages

and ending with an IBM tutorial on DCOP

Connect KDE applications using DCOP
Hidden deep within the KDE desktop lies a powerful set of scripting
technologies that can allow the power user to automate many tasks.
www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/ linux/library/l-dcop/?ca=dgr-kdeml01KDEDCOP -

--
regards,
andrew