gkrellm -> kde dock application bar?

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 4 23:24:15 BST 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:21 pm, Max Bruche wrote:
>  It will go next to the xterm that I am using to
> start it up. ???

Well forget about using kstart; it is not necessary. The kde dock-panel only
works for properly written dock applets such as windowmaker and I believe
fvwm as well.
The problem is that gkrell is a dock bar of sorts in its own right. You can
get it to dock quite simply by typing gkrellm -w but you must ensure that the
dock option INSIDE gkrells config is NOT ticked.
Sadly (and it brings tears to my eyes) it will only dock as a single applet;
so you will only get the topmost applet of what makes up gkrell but not its
frame and the rest of the applets that make up what people see as Gkrell.
     It would probably not be very hard to write a wrapper that wraps each
krell plugin and lets you use it on the kde dock-panel. Meanwhile look around
for wm/fvwm applets as there are some pretty cool ones about.

--
regards,
andrew