KDE 3.0 & SuSE Enterprise Server 8

MMS - Leeds leeds at mms-uk.com
Wed Sep 29 14:01:35 BST 2004

Hi

I'm currently using KDE 3.0 under SuSE Enterprise Server 8.
Everything has been running fine now for about 1 year.

I now need to "lock down" the KDE environment for a specific user and so looked at KIOSK.
I've found out from the KDE.KIOSK mailing list that the required "lock down" feature are not available under KDE 3.0 and therefore must upgrade to KDE 3.3.

My question is how to upgrade ??

Is there a patch to apply that moves from KDE 3.0 to 3.1 to 3.2 and finally 3.3 ???

Do I have to download and re-install KDE 3.3.  If so which of the multitude of RPM packages do I download and for which version of SuSE?

Will Kconstruct help ??

Any downloads that I need to do must be done via a windows XP machine and transferred via CD to the Linux box.  For security reasons the Linux box is standalone with no NET or E-mail access.

Regards
MARK