ktouch, docu ?

SnapafunFrank Frank at snapafun.co.nz
Tue Sep 28 07:01:13 BST 2004

Marc Heyvaert wrote:

>Hi Julius,
>
>You are supposed to put your indexfingers on 'f' and
>'j' (see the little marks -dots or dashes- on the
>keys?). Your middle finger goes on the 'd' and 'k',
>ring finger on 's' and 'l' and little finger on 'q'
>and 'm' on an azerty keyboard (I think it's 'a' and
>'something else' on a querty keyboard).
>
>Very important : your fingers are supposed to remain
>more or less in this position and return to it after
>you have hit a key that is elsewhere. In KTouch each
>of these keys have a different color and you find this
>color also on other keys. So you can immediately see
>what keys you have to hit with what finger.
>
>So that is basically it...So if you have to type
>'kiss' you start with your fingers on 'q', 's', 'd',
>'f', 'j', 'k', 'l', 'm', Next you  hit the 'k' with
>the middle finger of your right hand, then the 'i with
>the same finger. The finger returns to the 'rest'
>position on the 'k', then you hit the 's' twice, in
>rapid, succession, clearly marking the impact so that
>your keys give you a nice clicking feedback.
>
>I hope this helps,
>
>Marc

Try this: ( in case you have it ):

Open konsole, maximize it and issue:

$ gtypist

If you get a reaction hit the <Enter> key twice to start right at the
beginning with instructions on where to put your fingers etc.

About time I went back there and re-learnt some of it I think.

--
Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213