Start KDE as fast as possible

Daniel Belz kde at dan-b.net
Fri Sep 24 17:28:09 BST 2004

> I guess the vmware stuff creates a certain overhead.
> How many KDE session do you run on each simulated system?

Up to 15 at the moment. The problem is the KDE startup. That's what
needs a lot of performance.

> Wouldn't a solution based on NX be alot better? (cross platform clients,
> native system for the sofware, KDE can make use of its shared
> infrastructure across all sessions, etc)

That was not my decision. I'm just the programmer here :)

But why is it possible for KDE to "make use of its shared
infrastructure" with NX and not with Tarantella? That's an interesting
point. Could you please be a little bit more precise?

- Dani