Start KDE as fast as possible

daniel danstemporaryaccount at yahoo.ca
Fri Sep 24 16:50:55 BST 2004

On September 24, 2004 11:36 am, Daniel Belz wrote:
> > What kind of setup do you have, thin clients?
>
> No, 2 vmwares running under SuSE 9.1 on a dual "Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU
> 2.80GHz" machine. But not even that power machine can handle 30 kde
> sessions running at the same time :) Thanks for the link. We will check
> that.

this may sound like the wrong thing to say on this list, but with 30 sessions
running at the same time, i really think kde is too big for you.  even if you
got it to work well under these conditions, you'd still have to disable a lot
of features that make kde worth while.  maybe look into a thinner window
manager like xfce or fluxbox?  i've not used either but from the screenshots,
xfce looks quite pretty...

--
we will have to repent in this generation not merely for
the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for