Trash Can

Karel J. Bosschaart karelj at kayjay.nl
Fri Sep 24 10:06:13 BST 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 10:18:20PM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Mark Walker wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is their a way to remove the trash can icon from the desktop ?
>
> Yes, just move the directory by opening the "Paths" KCM and changing the:
> "Trash path".

Changing to what? Leaving it empty and pressing "Apply" doesn't make the
Trash Can go away. After logging out and in again the Trash Can is still
there and the Trash Path is replaced by "/".

Would be nice if someone could point me how to get the Trash Can icon
away from my desktop, but a while back I decided it's not worth the trouble
and I'm now hiding the trashcan under a window :-P.

BTW, I could swear that in some KDE version (2.x?) I managed to get a
clean KDE desktop (no icons at all).

Karel.  (running KDE 3.3.0 on FreeBSD)