KDE vs Gnome accent support

Lukacs Gyula lukit at rozsomak.hu
Wed Sep 15 07:00:06 BST 2004

Hi

I have a problem w/ accents under KDE: some characters are not displayed,
however, with the same font and same char I get pretty results under
Gnome. Is there a problem with KDE font renderer?

For better understanding, I've made a screenshot:
http://rozsomak.hu/pic/wtf.png

As a matter of fact, some other fonts are OK, eg. Helvetica. I suspect
Helvetica stores those chars as-is and Bitstream Vera leaves the
"put-the-accent-on-it" work to KDE, which does not support this.

Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.
Best regards, lukit