Writing to the windows files system

canllaith canllaith at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 07:18:47 BST 2004

As of the 2.6 kernel the NTFS write support is no longer considered
experimental and therefore reasonably safe. That said I can't personally
vouch for it's stability.

One thing to look for if you could write once and now cannot write anymore, is
to see if the NTFS support is compiled in as a module, and check to see if it
is loaded.  Another thing to check would be if you ran some kinda graphical
SUSE configuration tool that might have modified your fstab? Check that the
permissions there allow write access. Although I believe SUSE has some kinda
automounter that makes this slightly problematic. I believe the correct
options in your fstab would be something like this:

/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows  auto umask=0,user,exec,rw 0 0