url-link with firefox

Alex Nordstrom alexander.nordstromDONT_CC_ME at tpg.com.au
Wed Sep 8 14:06:39 BST 2004

On Wednesday, 8 Sep 2004 19:57, Andrea Magatti wrote:
> But i have firefox already running, kmail tries to open a new firefox
> instance, instead of using the current instance.

This sounds more a Firefox question/distribution-specific question than
a KDE question. That stated, what distribution are you using, and what
is its process for launching firefox?

I'm using Debian Unstable, and as far as I can tell, it is working the
way you want it to work, as /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox is a Bourne shell
script, containing, among other things, the following relevant lines:

# If there is no command line argument at all then try to open a new
# window in an already running instance.
if [ "${ALREADY_RUNNING}" -eq "1" ] && [ -z "$1" ]; then
  exec $MOZ_CLIENT_PROGRAM "xfeDoCommand(openBrowser)" 2>/dev/null
>/dev/null
fi

--
Alex Nordstrom