App startup times high

SnapafunFrank Frank at snapafun.co.nz
Tue Sep 7 10:37:14 BST 2004

Hi

I recently went through having to uninstall [ rpm -e ] kdelib~ and
kdebase and then re-install [ urpmi ] because of a 'kdeinit' problem I
had whilst attempting to update these packages having read a Mandrake
security alert. ( I'm back in kde-3.2.3 from the distro disc's )

Now I'm not convinced it is entirely KDE, but since then I have time to
go make a coffee whenever I attempt to open any apps. Anything at all!

I'm running a PIII 733hz 512RAM system and things ran fine before.

Any ideas where I should start looking?

--
Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213