kpowersave

Mark Walker mark at mms-uk.com
Fri Oct 29 02:57:49 BST 2004

Hi

I'm using KDE 3.2 under SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9

In the system tray sits KPOWERSAVE, and I have a few questions regarding this..

1, What does KPOWERSAVE do.  I thought powersave was only required on laptops not desktops and servers ?
2, Is there a way to permenantly remove KPOWERSAVE.  If you right mouse click over it you can end it and their is an option to not allow autostartup, however this does not appear to work?
3, Is is safe to completely remove KPOWERSAVE.

Regards
MARK