KDE Remote Desktop

Izo I at siol.net
Wed Oct 27 06:41:11 BST 2004

David Corbin wrote:

>On Tuesday 26 October 2004 12:00 pm, Kevin Krammer wrote:
>

>>On Tuesday 26 October 2004 16:53, Bob Trautman wrote:
>>

>>>When logged into the operaating system and running kde, From another
>>>workstation I can connect remotely to the Linux server via KDE remote
>>>desktop.  However, if the Linux server is displaying a kde login screen
>>>the connections are refused.
>>>

>>I think remote desktop is for controlling a running desktop session.
>>I use this with Xnest (XServer running as a window of another XServer)....
>>Another possibility might be to use a NoMachine NX server. If I remember
>>correctly newer versions even allow to suspend and reconnect to a session.
>>

>Or X11VNC...

Don't you all think that then the KDE remote desktop support is somewhat
half-thought-up and half-done ? From this thread one can only see that
the KDE's Remote Desktop support should allow (when connection to the
*N*X machines is in question):

- attaching to one of currently running sessions (SuSE-9.1, for example,
can have more than one KDE session running at the same time on the same
machine)
- starting new *DM session (*DM stands for every possible configured
session type, starting from the XDM through GNOME and KDE and each and
every in between)

Obviously the software doing all this already exists. So the only
problem here is the matter of time of one of existing or newcoming KDE
developer. Should this be put on-to the KDE's wishlist or somebody is
already working on it ?

Izo