Konqueror doesn't save a default download location

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Oct 22 05:20:23 BST 2004

Wilco Beekhuizen wrote:
> Konqueror can't seem to remember where I want to save my downloads. Every time
> I start konqueror it defaults to my home dir.
> I'm using kde-3.3.1.

We now have a download manager: "KGet".  You need to configure it.

First, if you download a lot, you should probably put it in your Autostart
folder.  To do this, open the Autostart folder in Konqueror and drag the menu
entry for KGet and choose "Copy".

In the main window for KGet, go to:

	Settings -> Configure KGet

In the: "Folders" tab you can select the folders by file extension of the file
being downloaded.

Also in the: "Advanced" tab check the box: "Enable integration with Konqueror".

You might want to read the fine manual for KGet.

--
JRT