Determining what kio slaves are installed

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Fri Oct 22 00:59:25 BST 2004

On October 21, 2004 06:13 pm, Jacek Masiulaniec wrote:
> On Friday 22 of October 2004 00:27, Chris Gow wrote:
> > Is there a way to find out what kio slaves I've got installed? eg. The
> > set of protocols I can type into a konqueror window? According to yast,
> > I've got the smb kio slave installed but typing in smb://[somehost]
> > brings up an error dialog
>
> Try smb:/[somehost]
Typing any combination of smb:[somehost], smb:/[somehost], smb://[somehost]
results in a protocol not supported error.

Actually, the smb problem was just an example, I've supposedly installed other
slaves but they aren't working either which is why I was asking if there is a
way to list all of the available protocols.

thanks

-- chris