No root ligins are allowed

Silviu Vulcan icebox at miv.directnet.ro
Sat Oct 9 22:11:15 BST 2004

On Saturday 09 October 2004 17:54, Thierry de Coulon wrote about Re:
[kde] No root ligins are allowed:
> On Saturday 09 October 2004 15:16, Manuel José Pinazo Pérez wrote:
> > Hello!! I'm new in this mailing list!!
> > I've just updated KDE from Debian by using apt-get, but when I
> > rebooted and tried to enter KDE, the message "No root ligins are
> > allowed" appears and I can only login in the console. The only
> > account I have in linux is root, how could I solve this problem??

> Create a user........
> You should not work as root anyway.

hmm, IMHO this is not a decision that the system should make...

I always work as root on my personal workstation - because I like to
break things so I won't break them when it really matters...

I suspect anyway that it's in the kdm's settings (or whichever graphical
login manager debian is using)... I think startx as root should work...