video artifacts in kde

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Sat Oct 9 04:06:58 BST 2004

On October 8, 2004 6:42 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> No, the general wisdom is that you need to see if there is an ATI driver
> that works better or see if there is a patch for the X.ORG "radeon" driver.
>
> The current X.ORG release is 6.8.1 so you might want to upgrade.

Screw it. I dug around and looked at that gatos site that supposedly has
drivers for ati cards and it is MONUMENTALLY confusing. No chance any normal
end user could ever use it.

As for updating X, it's only slightly less intimidating and confusing. I
couldn't even begin to guess where to start trying to upgrade -- and that's
AFTER reading the instructions at the XFree site.

No chance. :-(

I'll just have to live with it until someone else fixes the problem and
uploads the fixes to some yum server or it gets incorporated into the next
version of FC or some other linux or until I get a new computer with
different hardware.

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com