New users can't start kde

Joerg Stadermann jstadermann at gmxpro.de
Tue Oct 5 08:38:13 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but I can't find iit
in the mailing lists archives. The problem:

When I create a new user and start KDE, the splash appears, crash
dialogs for kcminit, kwin, kdesktop etc appear, I get the root
window,  the tooltips show up and then nothing. A workaround is
to copy the .kde directory from an existing account, but
obviously this is not a good solution.

System:
kde 3.2 from cvs
rh 7.3
gcc 2.95
qt-copy 3.3.1 from cvs

Any hints or pointers where to look in the archive are much
appreciated.

TIA
Joerg
--