How does KDE/Qt handle a font name such as 锟斤拷

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Oct 5 08:16:24 BST 2004

This font name doesn't show up in Mozilla mail so I have attached a short file
(view with UTF-8).

The hex coding for gb2312 and UTF-8 are also shown.

A web page has the font selection shown in the first line of the file.

So what happens to this font name encoded in gb2312?

What I think should happen would be that it was converted to UTF-8 and presented
to FontConfig for a search just the same as if it was in Latin characters.

But that doesn't appear to be what is happening.

--
JRT