KRec, RealPlayer10 and Creative PCI 128 sound card

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 14:13:54 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I have previously used RealPlayer 8 with KRec (part of the KDE
3.3.1 desktop) to record streaming radio such as the BBC. To record I
connected the input bus of KRec to the output bus from the sound card using
the "Audio Manager" on the KRec menu bar/Tools.

I have had to upgrade to RealPlayer 10 because the BBC now encodes in
such a way that the stream is inaccessible to RealPlay 8.  But now KRec
does not get any input from the sound card whatever settings I use.  I
have tried full duplex on the KDE sound settings.

Any clue on how to get the system to work?  If I must change the sound
card or recording software, any recommendations?

TIA

Basil Fowler