k3b won't write CDs

Nick THOMPSON nickthompson at agere.com
Fri Nov 26 09:54:51 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have a DVD re-writer which can write CD-R/W's as well, k3b even says
that it can in its device summary. However, although k3b will erase and
write DVD-R/W's, it won't let me erase CD-R/W's (not sure about writing
as all my CD-R/W are full!). I've tried several versions with no luck,
am I missing some other tool(s) maybe.

This is all on a fully up-to-date FC2 machine. Never had this problem on
Mandrake. Starting to think I should roll my own KDE or use the RedHat
packages on the KDE download page.

Thanks,
Nick.