Greedy korgac

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Sat Nov 20 12:31:09 GMT 2004

On Monday 15 November 2004 11:23, Frank Reifenstahl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for a few weeks theres a greedy process "korgac" which after running KDE
> for about a week occupies 1 GB of memory. Anybody out there to tell me how
> to handle that problem?

korgac is the "alarm daemon" for korganizer alarms, which pops up the
notification window.
I also have this problem once in a while.
I think there are some things you can try (although they are all not nice):

1) If you don't need alarms for your events, you can turn off korgac
completely. (kcontrol/KDE Components/Service manager/Alarm Daemon)
2) you could simply stop and restart korgac from time to time
3) you can probably try to use a different type of resource to store your
events into (e.g. localdir resource - which has some bad performance issues
up to KDE-3.3).
4) you can reduce the number of events in your calendar, which korgac is
checking, by archiving older events, and defining those events to be shown in
korganizer as a new read only resource (not tried this one but it should work
this way).

Hope that helps ...

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

       Some operating systems are called 'user friendly',
             Linux however is 'expert friendly'.