SuSE 9.2: Where is kuickshow?

Norbert Blobel norbert at blobel.de
Wed Nov 17 23:59:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

On Thursday 18 November 2004 10:10, Carsten Schlipf wrote:
> Thanks a lot. This package is *NOT* on the CD. What the hell is SuSE doing?

I have been asking this questions my self.

However, this packaged should be on the CD's. I installed SuSE 9.2 though the
CD's on my laptop. It is not installed by selecting "KDE Desktop Environment"
and "All of KDE"
In YAST, select the filter "Package Groups" then go to:
Graphics > Viewers > and select "kdegraphics3-imaging Image-Related
applications".
This package contains:
kiconedit - icon editor
kolourpaint - small paint application
kview - another modular picture viewer
kuickshow - a fast picture viewer

However, I must admit, there is the possibility that certain packages are just
not there or are not being picked up by YAST. I had this problem with SuSE
9.1 and the DVD's.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Norbert