Konqueror no longer supports right mouse button

Theo Schmidt schmidt at umwelteinsatz.ch
Fri May 28 08:41:32 BST 2004

Am Thursday 27 May 2004 20:23 schrieb James Richard Tyrer:
> Theo Schmidt wrote:
> > Dear KDE-List,
> > After an update to KDE 3.2.2 I am no longer able to use the right mouse
> > button in order to for example save pictures from a website. I can't find
> > any way to reset this. Any ideas?
>
> First, just exactly what do you get when you right click an image in a web
> page?

Thank you for the answer. I get nothing: no reaction at all in the Konqueror
in the web-browser mode. If I right-click on something in the Konqueror in
the file-manager mode, I do get the usual context-menu, but it takes a lnog
time to arrive and sometimes needs and extra little mouse wiggle to come at
all.

> This is not a configuration issue.  There is probably something seriously
> wrong.
>
> It could be a configuration file issue.  Try renaming: "$HOME/.kde/",
> restart KDE and see if the problem is fixed.

I tried this. No difference. The wizard started and asked for language and
design preferences, but didn't switch to the desired language (German) and
the other problems persist. I also get unwanted shells (Konsole) appearing
each time I start KDE. They don't go away except with KILL. The number is
increasing, it is three by now.

I would love to get rid of KDE 3.2.2 but am worried that any attempted
downgrade will make matters worse. e.g. change my kmail settings or
something. BTW I do have a consistent system according to apt-get and
aptitude.

Cheers, Theo Schmidt