Control-C Application Shortcut Problem

Brad Malia bradmalia at cox.net
Sun May 23 19:13:29 BST 2004

I have a problem.  I have created a "control-c" shortcut to KCalc that I
have been unable to get rid of!  I created it using the "Command
Shortcuts" on the Configure - Keyboard Shortcuts screen.   When I tried
doing copy pastes and Kcalc started popping up, I wanted to change it to
Control-Alt-C.  However, when I returned to the command shortcuts
screen, the section for "Shortcut for Selected Command" was listed as
None instead of custom.  But control-c was still bringing up Kcalc.  So
I switched back to custom and set it a shortcut to KCalc that I have
been unable to get rid of.
s the desired control-alt-c.  The effect was now both control-c and
control-alt-c both bring up Kcalc.  So then i tried the defaults button
on that same screen to just reset everything, but still control-c and
control-alt-c are still brining up Kcalc.  In a desperation, I also
switched back "shortcut schemes" and "modifier keys" to default to and
that still didn't work.

Help?!?

I am running "KDE 3.2 Branch >= 20040204" on Mandrake 10 if that helps
diagnose