arts not finding glibc2

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun May 23 18:48:14 BST 2004

tyche wrote:
> been trying to get arts to find glibc2. i d/l the source from gtk, and
> compiled it. the first attempt went
> into  /usr/bin /usr/lib /usr/include /usr/libexec
> etc.
>
> the second time it put it /usr/local using the default config, and
> put /usr/local/lib in my ld.so.conf file, then ran ldconfig before attempting
> to compile arts-1.2.2.
>
> arts still is finding the old glib stuff from redhat 8.0.
>
> is there away to get arts to find just the compiled version of glib and not
> the redhat 8.0 default?

Did you uninstall the glib2-devel RPM for the old RedHat stuff?  This is
necessary!!. As root:

	rpm -e glib2-devel

{or something like that}

Specifically, you need to look for old files: "libglib-2*.so".  You should
have only one of these.  Then you will probably need to: "make clean" and
"rm config.cache" for aRts and start with the "configure" script.

--
JRT