Changing the background image

Jeremy Cohoe kde-users-list at knoppix.ca
Fri May 21 03:06:51 BST 2004

Hi

I can change the background image using Kcontrol > Appearance & Themes > Background, then clicking the Wallpaper tab, then finally clicking an image out of the Wallpaper dropdown list. Once I select my image, then click Apply, the image on the background is changed instantly.

Is there a way to do this non-interactively? I would like my users to be able to click an icon on the desktop or menu that changes the wallpaper instantly.

Thankyou.

 - Jeremy