kxkb shows Err

virtual persia vp_admin at web.de
Sun May 16 20:17:56 BST 2004

Hi all,
I have recently tried out the X window server from X.org (version 6.7.0) and
needed to replace the existing /usr/X11R6 and /etc/x11 directories. But Of
course I copied them to another location instead of overwriting them.

Since I did't have any keymaps to choose from under the X.org server I
decided to switch back and thus copied the original X server files back to
their previous location.

But since then, I cannot use the keymaps anymore. The Kxkb Icon shows an Err
instead of the previous keymap-symbols. I recompiled Xfree, as well as kde
in order to fix that problem but it was all in vain.

The funny thing is that the setkbmap command shown for each of the keymaps
perfektly works in the shell. I just enter them and press return and they
take effect.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? Do I need to recompile any
package to make kxkb work again?

Please send a copy of your reply to momesana at yahoo.de

Thanx in advance,
momesana.