Konqueror opens in different desktop

jcwebpost jcwebpost at cainlink.com
Wed May 12 15:56:28 BST 2004

I know about that icon and I have certainly spent days exploring that area for
something that would undo Konqueror opening in the same Desktop. However, the
menu icon in the title bar only presents me with the option to *change*
desktops, not to uncheck the Save Virtual Desktop settings when clicking the
Store Windows Settings (which was what the last respondent was suggesting).

The bottom line is, the "To Desktop" menu selection has 5 menu choices, All
Desktops, Desktop 1, and so forth. the user can select which Desktop he wants
to send the window to by checking one of those choices. I frequently send
windows to other desktops. However, my problem is, when I open a Konqueror
window, it opens in Desktop 1 no matter what the current Desktop is.

I've been told in this forum to simply "uncheck" Desktop 1 in the "To Desktop"
menu choice. But people don't seem to understand; that's how a user selects
which Desktop to send the current window to, NOT how to uncheck a Desktop
choice. In fact, there's NO way to uncheck Desktop 1 (except by checking
another desktop). Whenever I click on Desktop 1, whether with the right or
the left button, it remains checked and Konqueror will open in that desktop
whether it's the current one or not.

There's obviously either a bug in KDE 3.2 (or Konqueror), my upgrade went bad,
or I'm missing something. I'll keep asking because I know the answer is in
this forum somewhere, if I can just get people to understand the nature of my
problem.

So, once again, how do I get Konqueror to open in the current desktop and NOT
Desktop 1?