glib

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue May 11 16:27:16 BST 2004

tyche wrote:
> am trying to manually change my system over from redhat 8.0 to something more
> generic.
>
> i have compiled kde 3.1.4 from scratch and am now doing the same for 3.2.2. i
> managed to overwrite the pkgconfig files from redhat using a more upto date
> version.
>
> d/l glib2.0 and compiled it for /usr/bin /usr/lib /usr/include /usr/libexec
> etc. arts still doesnt find the glib 2.0 files.
>
> anyone know where where they are SUPPOSED to be installed ?

RedHat tends to use those locations for stuff.

First, after you install a new library, you must run as root:

	ldconfig

Did you uninstall the old version, or just install the new one?

Actually, you should only, or need to only, uninstall the 'devel' package
for the old one.  If you do this now, you should reinstall the one built
from source.

You might have to build aRts from source to fix the problem.  If you
already have done so, you might need to remove: "config.cache" and run
"./configure" again.

--
JRT